Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
Preferred by employers worldwide, the APICS CPIM is recognized globally as the standard of professional competence. Increase functional knowledge of production and inventory management, improve internal operations and increase customer satisfaction.
Through the CPIM preparation and exam process, you will gain knowledge, learn skills and best practices required to execute, control and improve internal operations within the four walls of your company.
Upcoming CPIM Classes
Why you should earn the CPIM designation
- Increase your salary – on average designees see a 25% increase
- Improve your hiring potential by 65%
- Career advancement
- Professional growth
- Increased credibility and recognition
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing your career and your company’s operations
Rebecca MacDonell, CPIM, Materials Manager, Valmont Industries
“CPIM was a great tool for me, not only validating what I already knew, but providing a base of knowledge and information that is well known and respected in the industry.”
-Rebecca MacDonell, CPIM, Materials Manager, Valmont Industries
“There have been many instances where I’ve had to rely on the APICS credentials to make a decision or analyze a situation.”
– Celeste Ayers, CFPIM, CSCP, Division Sourcing and Procurement Manager, Parker Hannifin
How to earn the CPIM
Candidates must pass two exams within 3 years to earn the CPIM certification, and are required to maintain the CPIM designation every five years.
Study with one of our flexible options:
- Classroom review courses. Led by APICS instructors through one of our 200 APICS chapters or 100 international partners.
- Instructor-supported online courses. Provides online APICS CPIM review courses that are interactive and easily navigated.
- Self-study. Learn on your own anytime, day or night, to accommodate your demanding schedule.
Become an ASCM PLUS member and get significant savings when you purchase the CPIM Bundle!
CPIM Part 1
The CPIM Part 1 Classes include the first module of the CPIM Certification: Basics of Supply Chain Management. This will help you take the first CPIM certification exam containing 150 exam questions with an exam length of 3.5 hours.
CPIM Part 2
The CPIM Part 2 Classes include the remaining four modules of the CPIM Certification: Strategic Management of Resources, Detailed Scheduling and Planning, Execution and Control of Operations. This fully prepares you for the second and final CPIM certification exam that contains 150 questions (each module weighing 25%) with an exam length of 3.5 hours.